Environmental Engineering and Management (EEM)
EEM Division undertakes projects in some of the following areas:
- Design, commissioning and stabilisation of Effluent Treatment Plants (ETPs), Common Effluent Treatment Plants (CETPs) and Sewage Treatment Plants (STPs).
- Upgradation and performance evaluation studies of existing ETPs, CETPs, STPs.
- In-plant studies for water conservation and reduction of pollution load.
- Design and evaluation of air pollution control equipment.
- Providing overall environmental management for townships in terms of water supply, sewerage, STPs and solid waste management.
- Developing standards for categorising wastes and techniques for their means of disposal.
- Integrated Environment Audit and Risk Assessment studies for Petroleum Sites which includes – Storage Depots, Seaports, Filling Stations etc. EPTRI has undertaken a similar project at Madagascar (World Bank sponsored Project) covering about 250 petroleum sites spread across the country.
- Integrated EIA Studies along with Risk Assessment & Analysis, HAZOP studies etc., particularly for units handling Petroleum Products.
Specialisation in EIA Studies :
- Major & medium irrigation projects
- Mining Sector
- Thermal & Hydro Power Projects
- Petroleum Sector
- Roads & Highway Projects
- Chemical Industries
Consultancy offers the following services:
- Environmental Studies
- Environmental Impact Assessments
- Environmental Management Plans
- Third party evaluation studies for RED & ORANGE category industries
- Compliance studies for CFE & CFO
- Consent for Establishment/ Consent for Operation
- Environmental Clearance from MoEFCC/SEIAA
- Social and Environmental Assessment studies and Framework
- Evaluation studies for CETP & STP
- Environmental Site Suitability studies
- Source apportionment studies
NABET approved Sectors (A Category):
- River valley projects
- Mining of mineral including open cast/underground mining
- Industrial Parks/SEZs/EPZs
- Building and Large Constructions,
- Township and area development
- Common Municipal Solid waste facilities